Questions From A Beginner

Posts regarding the Road Rally (TSD) participants.
apm921

Questions From A Beginner

Post by apm921 »

Hello,

A friend and I are looking to get into road rally driving, but we just had some questions about getting started.

We have a team and a car, but are less sure about actually getting into events. Based on the dates, the one that works best would likely be Pavement Ends on 11/14. However, with that being a part of the USRRC, I'm not sure if that impacts anything.

Is it possible to participate in just one event that is a part of the USRRC? And if it is possible, is it recommended for beginners? It just seemed like that type of event may cater more to experienced participants.

Thank you for your help, and I look forward to joining you all soon!
John Fishbeck
Site Admin

Re: Questions From A Beginner

Post by John Fishbeck »

Pavement Ends is indeed one of the three rallies comprising the 2020 US Road Rally Challenge (USRRC). But it is a straightforward time-speed-distance (TSD) rally, and is entirely suitable for novice participation. It is classified as a SCCA 'Tour' rally, which means a straight TSD rally with no instructions intended to trick or deceive the contestants into going off course (unlike Sunday's 'Are You Territorial?' course rally, which is exactly that type of 'trap' rally).

And you will be able to register for and run in just one, or two of the rallies - you are not required to register for and run in all three.

MotorsportReg.com Event registration information will appear within the next couple of weeks, which will be announced on the Region's Facebook page and on this website.

Hope this helps. Feel free to post with any additional questions.
John Fishbeck
apm921

Re: Questions From A Beginner

Post by apm921 »

Thank you so much for the answers!

I'm looking forward to joining the event later this year.