2018 Road Rally season opens with Son of Sno*Drift XX!

Posts regarding the Road Rally (TSD) participants.
John Fishbeck
Site Admin

2018 Road Rally season opens with Son of Sno*Drift XX!

Post by John Fishbeck »

All,

The 2018 DR SCCA Road Rally season opens with the 20th(!) running of the perennial favorite, Son of Sno*Drift TSD rally. Online registration for the rally is now open - you can register by clicking here to visit the MotorsportReg.com page for the event. Or, if you prefer, view the attached flyer and complete the included entry form and mail it into the registrar (info included on form).

Son of Sno*Drift is intended to be a winter rally. As such, it is hoped that the challenges of winter driving will be a part of the fun. Son of Sno*Drift is a straightforward Time, Speed, Distance (TSD) Road Rally with simple instructions and no traps. NOVICES Welcome!

Roads used on Son of Sno*Drift will be primarily unpaved and run within Livingston, Washtenaw and Jackson counties. Total distance will be approximately 175 miles with two breaks. Mileages will be provided with each instruction, which will be by tulip diagram and written description.

Son of Sno*Drift is not to be confused with the “Sno*Drift” Performance Rally, which is presented by Rally America. Son of Sno*Drift is expected to be a challenge to the driver, navigator and vehicle. Suitable tires and nighttime driving lights are recommended. Snow extraction equipment is also a wise idea. This should include, warning triangle(s), tow strap, shovel, etc.

Son of Sno*Drift will count toward the 2018 Detroit Region and SCCA Great Lakes Division rally championships.

The rally will run out of Aubree’s Pizzeria & Grill in South Lyon, 21775 Pontiac Trail (south of 9 Mile Rd).

Schedule is:

10:30 AM - Registration Opens/ Route Instructions available
12:00 PM - Driver’s Meeting (Navigators welcome)
12:31 PM - Car #1 Starts Rally
3:31 PM - Car #1 Starts Section Two (Tentative)
6:31 PM - Car #1 Starts Section Three (Tentative)
8:30 PM - Car #1 Finishes (Approx.)

Press on!
Attachments
SonOfSnoDriftXX_Flyer.pdf
(750.01 KiB) Downloaded 922 times
John Fishbeck
TeamHarco

Re: 2018 Road Rally season opens with Son of Sno*Drift XX!

Post by TeamHarco »

Thank you to all who came out to enjoy a drive in the country, and especially to those who came out to work. While we had an unfortunate incident very early on, the rest of the day and night went quite well.

The road conditions and speeds were just about perfectly matched. There were challenges aplenty.

Congratulations to the class and overall winners. I hope to create a more complete story on my observations of Son of Sno*Drift XXX in the next few days. It will certainly be in the next issue of Open Exhaust.

If any wish to comment, please feel free to do so in this tread.

Thanks,
Scott
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"
John Fishbeck
Site Admin

Son of Sno*Drift XX final results

Post by John Fishbeck »

Hi all,

My bad - I neglected to post up the final results for Son of Sno*Drift XX. My apologies; this one slipped through the cracks.

You can click here to view the final results of this first rally of the DR SCCA TSD Road Rally season!
John Fishbeck