Curious -Silverdome Parking

No Topics off limit. Just keep it clean ;)
Mike Burke

Curious -Silverdome Parking

Post by Mike Burke »

Hello,

Earlier this week, a local (Asheville, NC) TV station showed a brief news report on the demolition of the Pontiac Silverdome. The included aerial footage of the implosion revealed hundreds of what apperared to be new vehicles jamming the parking areas surounding the old stadium. As a retired auto industry employee from Detroit (and still a Region member), I am curious what those vehicles might be?

Thanks in advance for sharing any relavent information!

Mike Burke
Region Member #51644
Asheville, NC
828 258-2442
mrsteve92

Re: Curious -Silverdome Parking

Post by mrsteve92 »

Hey Mike, Those vehicles were all the VW diesels that were repurchased from owners after VW admitted to having installed software that allowed them to pass emissions testing, but allowed excessive emissions during regular use. I don't recall any information updates about what VW will be doing with them, but there they sit on the old Silverdome parking lot. I'm sure many are now dust covered from the initial demolition blast to bring down the top ring of the Silverdome.
Steve Balanecki
Chief of Membership
Worker Pointskeeper

Road racing is a lot like life itself. You encounter numerous twists, turns, and elevation changes. Oval tracks only have you going in circles.
TeamHarco

Post by TeamHarco »

Diesel Volkswagens. All are unsalable since they violate emissions standards.
Scott
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"
Mike Burke

Post by Mike Burke »

Thanks Scott for the timely reply!

Mike Burke