FS: Locost 7 (Caterham replica) SOLD

Have something to sell, post it here!
cptcheapo

FS: Locost 7 (Caterham replica) SOLD

Post by cptcheapo »

This car was built 2005-10 (not by me). I was told it was built by a retired man who got sick and then the car sat from 2013-2020. This was an impulse buy on my part in fall 2020. I'm selling because I bought too many cars over the past year. (pandemic fueled buying spree) I have the build paperwork from the original owner along with a copy of the instruction book, Ron Champion's Haynes "Build Your Own Sports Car". The paperwork is important to determine which cars the parts on the Locost came from.

The engine and transmission are from a 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS. (1.6-liter 16-valve "4AGE" inline-4 engine, a T-50 5-speed manual transmission) The Corolla's fuel injection was replaced with dual Weber DCOE carburetors. The rear end is from a 1985 Toyota Corolla SR5. Disc brakes front and rear. Non-power steering and brakes.

The car has a clean Michigan title. Registered as a vehicle over 15 years old which may make it easier to import to Canada.

The car currently has about 350 miles on the odometer. Recent service includes:
- new fuel cell, fuel pump, fuel pressure gauge, fuel pressure regulator and filter
- carbs rebuilt, tuned, and balanced (had carb mechanicals checked by Averill Racing)
- new battery, spark plugs, spark plug wires, cap, rotor
- new rear brake pads, calipers, and rotors
- new front brake pads (Hawk HPS)
- fluids changed (engine oil, coolant, transmission oil, brake fluid, hydraulic clutch fluid)
I had a custom oil pan built because the factory 4AGE pan hung too low to the ground.

Issues:
There is no hood.
Some chips and scratches in the paint.
The tires are 15 years old.
The odometer works, but the speedometer doesn't.
The coolant temp gauge works, but sometimes sticks.
The emergency brake needs a lever extended to make it work.

The car comes with two covers.

SOLD
Last edited by cptcheapo on Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cptcheapo

Re: FS: Locost 7 (Caterham replica)

Post by cptcheapo »

I added a note about the car being registered as a vehicle over 15 years old which may make it easier to import to Canada.