20170828 Announcements

Solo (Autocross) Posts.

Moderators: PatrickBarberMI, GT4CE

GT4CE

20170828 Announcements

Post by GT4CE »

I want to start by announcing that I have not been able to find an event chair for October 8th, so I will be taking it on as Event Chair. For that reason, I’m moving the event to MIS, as it is more convenient for me.

I want to follow that statement up with an apology. I’m sorry that I haven’t been leading in what I feel is an appropriate manner. What I mean by that is, I’ve allowed myself to get busy doing and I’ve not spent enough time looking to the future for Solo. The biggest reason for this is we were fortunate enough to have a handful of people that did a great job of carrying pieces of what we do to make events happen. Those people were overburdened and it resulted in burn out, I want to thank people that take on the effort and stress of making things happen at each event.

So in place of leading, I’ve been doing. The advantage is that with few exceptions I have learned how to do just about everything we do. I have even begun to document and put together a “how to”, for many pieces of our events. The burden of this is excessive, but slowly but surely it has been coming together.

So to cut to the chase, I want to lead. Not being the most social person after events, I don’t have a personal relationship with many of you. But complaints are slowly filtered down to me, through others. With that in mind I would like to lay out steps to move forward.

1. November 11th planning meeting – Host home needed!

a. We will discuss the good and the bad from the past years and how to improve.
b. We will layout a preliminary schedule as a TBD until the national schedule is available and this will be made public.
c. We will discuss a regional solo school, timing and location.
d. We will discuss the possibility of an EVO school, timing and location.
e. We will discuss the official status of the Solo Steering Committee, and making that list public for people to have a route to seek solutions to
problems, besides myself.
f. We will discuss putting together a succession plan for both individuals on the steering committee and for Solo Director.
g. We will discuss how to get more people involved and how to train people into new rolls within the region.
h. Any other business not listed.

For clarification, I doubt people want to drive to my home in Tecumseh for this meeting, and if you want food I suggest bringing it or eating before the meeting. Unless our host home is gracious enough to provide drinks or snacks.

Please clear your schedules and attend.
Jeremiah Mauricio
Solo Director