Son of Sno* Drift

Posts regarding the Road Rally (TSD) participants.
mrsteve92

Son of Sno* Drift

Post by mrsteve92 »

While there wasn't much snow for this rally, there were some areas of the unpaved roads that did have icy conditions. None of the competitors reported any inadvertent off road instances that I heard about. I always look forward to volunteering at this rally and congratulate Scott on another successful rally. The rally which started out with 27 vehicles, half of which were in the novice class. One vehicle retired after the second section, reportedly due to either driver or navigator fatigue. Twenty-six vehicles completed the rally with everyone apparently having an enjoyable time. I heard at least one novice team is planning on attending the upcoming rally school due to their experience at this rally.

Steve
John Fishbeck
Site Admin

Re: Son of Sno* Drift

Post by John Fishbeck »

Results are up on the website; click here to view PDF of leg-by-leg and total scores.

Thanks to Scott Harvey Jr and Jennifer Glass for organizing Son of Snow*Drift XIX! And, of course, to all the workers who came out to staff controls, score, pre-check, and all the other tasks necessary to put on a TSD rally.

While something less than a full blown winter rally, SoSD was still not without its wintertime challenges. Intermittent packed snow and icy patches on the roads made driving interesting. Especially so on Green Rd just before control 13, where my reluctance to keep my speed up to the CAST of 33 on that nasty, icy section resulted in our being 3 late arriving at the control. Better drivers than me (Dave Harkcom, David Stone) zeroed it - good on 'em!

The mileaging was wonderfully consistent! For the first time in numerous rallies, Laurie and I were not continuously flailing around managing mileage - it was a nice break for a change.

Hope to see everyone at Twilight Tour on Saturday, April 22!

And if you're a noob looking to make better sense of all this, or just feel like you need a refresher on all the stuff that goes into running a TSD rally, come join us at the Detroit Region's annual road rally school on Saturday, March 18th at CJ's Lounge in Whitmore Lake (just off of US-23 between Brighton and Ann Arbor). Click here to go directly to forum posting with all the details on the school.

Regards,
John